These accounts are the stories of three college students. They display the hearts of dear friends who desire to share life with one another and who yearn to follow Christ with all that they have.

Please, join us in our quest; a quest to find God on a day-to-day basis, not solely in crises or showers of blessings, but in daily life...today and forevermore.

October 1, 2011

...Petit Jean State Park

    Some friends and I hiked at Petit Jean State Park today for nearly three hours. It was grueling and painful, but it was so much fun. I took some risks(I'm somewhat afraid of heights) by climbing large rock formations and climbing over fallen trees and pretty much just rocking the "adventure" thing in my Vibram Five-Fingers(which make me feel legitimate).
     As we stood in the huge cut out of rock where the Falls are I found myself contemplating the Flood. The mountain was literally cut into. I was in awe of the power of God and how He flooded the whole Earth and how something so fantastic as what I was standing in was a result. Only something of Him could create such majesty and beauty. It looks utterly impossible, but all things are possible by He who created everything. I stood/sat silent for sometime, praising God.
     I walked over to where the Falls hit the rock below the surface above and saw a miraculous rainbow. "Wow!" I thought. The covenant God made with Abraham after the Flood. Once again I was in awe of Him and everything He does.
     Leaving that mountain I had a brand new heart. This huge God who created everything on Earth, then destroyed it with water, yet left such beauty; He loved me. I'll never understand just how or why God does what He does, but I do understand that our love relationship is more important than anything. His love for me is bigger than the Flood waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment