These accounts are the stories of three college students. They display the hearts of dear friends who desire to share life with one another and who yearn to follow Christ with all that they have.

Please, join us in our quest; a quest to find God on a day-to-day basis, not solely in crises or showers of blessings, but in daily life...today and forevermore.

December 31, 2011

The Unknown

I realize that the title of this blog is "Today I Found God In..."
Therefore, it might seem that the title of this post is an oxymoron.

But it isn't...
Today and well, for the next year, I'll be finding God in the unknown.

You see, last night was the end of my Subway career.
I no longer have the title of Senior Sandwich Artist. 
I no longer have the bright, gold store key dangling from my keyring.
I will no longer recieve a bi-weekly paycheck.

Rather, for at least the next five months, I will be living off a monthly newspaper check and budgeted student loan money...........

Crazy, right?

Maybe you're wondering why I would do such a thing when I have an apartment, utilities and a car to pay for as well as three hungry roommates to feed.

Well, it's simple, really.
Mustering the courage faith to do so may have taken three months...
but the reason behind my actions is still a simple one.

Quitting Subway is what God wanted for my life right now. Moreso, total surrender is what God wants from my life. That includes surrendering "my" time and "my" finances.
Surrendering my COMFORT.

For months now, He has been tugging at my heart strings.

First, He told me to get involved with the youth at Fellowship. I did so, (reluctantly) and now He has given me a small group of 9th grade girls to shepard whom I absolutely adore.

Then, He told me to get more involved on campus. So, I did that too and I have come to love every moment spent with my J-birds, choir family and new friends alike.

Yet, all the while, I've been working at least 20 hours a week...on top of school work...on top of housework...on top of loving Jesus...on top of loving others (notice, the last two on the list of priorities)...

Recently, I've been given some grand opportunities.

One of which=discipling a girl at CBC. A girl who wants to learn and grow in her relationship with Christ and who literally said, "I think that I could learn a lot from you..." in random conversation one evening.
Secondly=Tomorrow, I'm leaving to go to "Winter Conference" with UCA's chapter of Campus Crusade for Christ. They'd love to plant a chapter of Cru at CBC...and need help doing so...

However, there's no way that I could even consider doing any of that on top of my work load...

-So, God made it pretty clear that Subway had to go...vice versa, actually.-


Honestly, the nostalgia still hasn't hit me yet. I mean, it's hard to believe that for the first Saturday in two years I'm not spending at least six hours of my day making sandwiches and waffle cones.

I will miss my crew so much, but luckily, our friendships have deepened over the course of the past month, not dissolved.
Many mushy goodbyes were unnecessary because I know that since we are friends, not merely co-workers, we will still hang out. I will still get the privelege of pouring love into their lives.
Praise Him.

As, I told a dear friend last night, I'm ready.
Ready to let go...
Ready to give comfort, security and understanding the back seat.
Ready for an adventure.
Ready to passionately pursue God and his people with the prayer that they will do the same.

Though I'm sure that this will be one of the hardest seasons yet and that Satan will try to destroy me in any and every way possible, I fully believe that Yahewh-jireh will provide.
Both monetairly and spiritually.

He, unlike myself, is always faithful.

I told another friend, "hopefully the unknown likes me alright."

"I'm sure it will enjoy getting to know you just as much as you do it," he responded.

I bet he's right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment